Barcelona has a lot to offer when it comes to free public outdoor and indoor climbing and bouldering. There are many climbing walls spread out across the city.
Here is a map of climbing and bouldering places in Barcelona for all skill levels.
5 best free public climbing areas
1. Zona de Escalada de la Foixarda (Montjuic)
This is Barcelona’s most popular outdoor climbing spot and it is probably also the best one. Great for both rope climbing and bouldering.
2. Climbing Zone “El Campillo” – Les Roquetes (Nou Barris)
A great place to try out rope climbing.
3. Boulder de La Via Favencia – Parc de la Guineueta (Nou Barris)
A long inclined bouldering wall. The traverse is perfect to improve your endurance.
4. Urban Climbing Zone Plaça Botticelli (Horta)
Plaça Botticelli is a good place for rope climbing. On top of every route you can read its name and grade. Grades range from 4 to 6c.
5. Boulder Parc Güell (Gracia)
Most people don’t know that you can climb the wall surrounding Parc Güell. There are two walls on the backside of the park (see map) with tricky boulder problems.