Contrafort de Rumbau
Oliana is located in the South Central Pyrenees. You can reach it in less than 2 hours from Barcelona.
A must-go-to sector in Oliana is Contrafort de Rumbau a steep barrel shaped wall with magnificent routes and also some of the hardest routes in the world. The wall has southeasterly orientation, which means it’s provides perfect conditions in fall, winter and spring
Further, the recent development of some new 6s and 7s on the walls to the left of the main sector is attracting a new group of mid-level climbers.
Coll de Nargó
Coll de Nargó is 15 minutes north of Oliana. The name of the sector we visited is Coll Piqué. It’s a very popular crag with a parking area only a few minutes’ walk from the climbing walls. Most routes are graded between 5 and 7a. The surrounding area is beautiful. Some of the routes are a little overclimbed and polished. The rock is part limestone part conglomerate.
We climbed the following routes:
1. Es fa fosc (6a)
2. Kundalini (chilled 6b, very recommendable)
3. El hecho mero (pitch 1 = 5+, pitch 2 = 6c, the second pitch has 1 hard move at the very beginning which makes it a 6c)
4. Todo por la cara (demanding 6b [felt more like a 6c], supernice!)
5. Capità Cosolae (7a, very slippery short overhanging boulderlike route)
6. Dinabolt Tahussà (6a+, recommendable)
Sector L’Obaga Negra
The sector L’Obaga Negra is located less than 10 minutes north of Oliana. Here you will find high quality slab with easy routes graded from 4 to 6c+. Also here the surrounding area is very nice. The sector is just beside the Pantà d’Oliana (the Oliana reservoir).