Oliana is located in the South Central Pyrenees. You can reach it in less than 2 hours from Barcelona.
Sector Coll de Nargó
Coll de Nargó is 15 minutes north of Oliana. The name of the sector we climbed is Coll Piqué. It’s a very popular crag with a parking area only a few minutes’ walk from the climbing walls. Most routes are graded between 5 and 7a. The surrounding area is beautiful. Some of the routes are a little overclimbed and slippery. The rock is part limestone part conglomerate.
We climbed the following routes:
1. Es fa fosc (6a)
2. Kundalini (chilled 6b, very recommendable)
3. El hecho mero (pitch 1 = 5+, pitch 2 = 6c, the second pitch has 1 hard move at the very beginning which makes it a 6c)
4. Todo por la cara (demanding 6b [felt more like a 6c], supernice!)
5. Capità Cosolae (7a, very slippery short overhanging boulderlike route)
6. Dinabolt Tahussà (6a+, recommendable)
Sector L’Obaga Negra
The sector L’Obaga Negra is located less than 10 minutes north of Oliana. We loved the crack. It’s high quality slab with easy routes graded from 4 to 6c+. Also here the surrounding area is very nice. The sector is just beside the Pantà d’Oliana (the Oliana reservoir).